Overcome You're IBD, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis

Check My Site out Today (Lots of Awesome Info)
http://www.Thegutninja.com/

1000s Have Beat Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis?

Search CrohnsBoy's BLOG

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Family and Friends



I have mentioned in other posts that I grew up in a rough area, single parent family, we did not have that much money, over all family life was pretty shaky and I constantly get people that have asked me how did you turn out the way you are? Beating the odds etc. This seemed to be on my mind a lot in the last few months so thought it was worth writing about.



Even though my family life was far from the most healthy I still believe that both my parents passed on some of the attributes which have contributed to my success. My mother always showed my brother and I that it was important to treat all people equally, be compassionate towards others, told us that she believed in us, we could do what we want with our lives, how important it is to tell a woman she looks beautiful when you think it, and that it’s okay to voice your opinion and speak about your feelings. My father showed us the importance of keeping your word, fighting for what you believe in, how to master arguing lol, stick up for yourself and your family, keep your word, save money, how to be independent, and to make sure we learned not to give a shit about what other people think about us and not let people opinions dictate who we are or what we should do.



I am not going to bother commenting on any of the negative stuff b/c I really do not care about it and have moved on from that part of my life. One of my main issues in life was holding a grudge against my parents, or just being mad at the world for not dealing me a perfect hand. Only within the last year or so can I honestly admit that I let this stuff go and really moved forward in life. I can’t put into words how much this held me back in life, whether is made me angry, insecure, or resentful. Once I understood I could not change the past I was forced to deal with it and move on. I think every person deals with things different ways etc but one thing I can tell you is that “it wont be easy” but it will be worth it in the end. Once you deal with this you’ll be amazed that doing drugs, getting juiced, or other abusive actions will not be necessary to make you feel good in life. Yeah I am far from perfect!! I have been there done that and back again J But regardless the good stuff and bad stuff that has occurred in my life is what has made me who I am!! And I am pretty damn proud of myself so you do not hear me complaining.



The most influential people in the last 10 years of my life have definitely been my friends and their families. Most of my friends are from Portuguese decent, I didn’t go out of my way to befriend all the chops in my hood but it just ended up that way lol. Many of these friends invited me into their families allowing me to learn about their culture, morals, belief, and my favorite their FOOD mwuahh. What Portuguese people have taught me the most is the REAL importance of family and how important it is to be happy. When I say family I do not just mean blood line but the people in your immediate circle etc. They make sure that the family and friends stay close and get together on regular basis. I never learned how important family/friends really were until I was like 21. If any of my friends happen to be reading this just want to say you guys rock!!! And I love all of you mofos J



I think it’s important to make sure you have time for your family + close friends because these people have such a huge bearing on how happy you are. Sometimes we find ourselves too busy to make time but that is just a sad excuse that will send us on a road to NOWHERE which leads to the town of UNHAPINESS (corny I know)



Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!


.






No comments: