Overcome You're IBD, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis

Check My Site out Today (Lots of Awesome Info)
http://www.Thegutninja.com/

1000s Have Beat Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis?

Search CrohnsBoy's BLOG

Monday, October 20, 2008

Light in Darkness

It's so funny that before we were diagnosed with our diseases that we really did take our lives for granted...did we not? I think many of us thought that we would be immune and would not be touched by such a thing, but we were wrong. I think this whole crohn's thing has been my best learning lesson yet, as I have began to see the world in a whole different way.

I have really realized that life is too short to hold off on the things that mean most. I remember before I was diagnosed I thought I had all the time in the world and I always thought I would do the things I wanted to "someday" BUT someday really is the path to nowhere.

This disease has shown me that I have to go after the things I want. When I say this I do not mean just financial goals I mean the great things in life I want to experience; moving to a foreign country for a few months, buying an ocean shack, becoming fluent in spannish, learning to be a kick ass salsa dancer, helping people on massive levels, and just making the best of the cards dealt to me.

I think sometimes our western culture forces us to be caught up so that we miss the things that really matter in our lives. Do you think at the end of our lives it matters how much assets we have attained or the nice car we drove?? NAH I think it comes down to the relationships we have developed, people who we have touched, and the experiences we were part of that really define who we are.

I really have taken this disease as a blessing from you know who. I am pushing forward to do the things that I want as who knows what can happen? right. At least when I am on my death bed I 'll know that I pursued the things that I wanted.

I also believe in the end we do not regret the thing we did, but it's the things we did not do that go through our mind.

With all that said my simple message is GET your ASS of the computer and do something you really want to do in life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll get my ass off the computer right after I respond to this post. Jay, I agree with you - the disease puts things in perspective. I felt bad for myself for a bit but then realized that was getting me nowhere. After getting on SCD and making a commitment to exercise every day, I realized that the disease was the kick I needed to make positive changes. I think of what my life would be like if I never got Crohn's/Colitis, and honestly, I'd probably just be floating through life aimlessly. Colitis kicked my ass and now I'm kicking ITS ass. ;-)

Keep up the good work, Jay.